On June 7, Mayor Jim Kenney, City officials, and partners hosted a ceremony at the Independence Visitor Center to draw teams for the opening rounds of the fourth annual Philadelphia International Unity Cup presented by Goya.
2019 Group Draw Results
- Group A: USA, Lesotho, Venezuela, Bosnia Herzegovina
- Group B: Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Palestine, Lithuania
- Group C: Sierra Leone, Sudan, Haiti, Romania
- Group D: Honduras, Kenya, Guatemala, Turkey
- Group E: Brazil, Togo, Panama, Vietnam
- Group F: Guinea, Mali, Israel, England
- Group G: Ireland, DR Congo, Peru, Myanmar
- Group H: Belize, Burkina Faso, Jamaica, Italy
- Group I: El Salvador, South Africa, Iran, India
- Group J: Ukraine, Morocco, Argentina, Poland
- Group K: Ghana, Gambia, Colombia, Albania
- Group L: Nigeria, Ethiopia, Mexico, South Korea
- Group M: Liberia, Senegal, Puerto Rico, Greece
This year’s tournament will kick off on Friday, August, 2 at Ramp Playground, located at 3300 Solly Avenue.
For the second year in a row, the championship game will be held at Talen Energy Stadium, home of the Philadelphia Union. All games are free for spectators.
This event was one of many hosted by the City of Philadelphia in recognition of Immigrant Heritage Month.