The final match up is upon us. After weeks of spirited competition, it will all come down to this— the title of 2019 Philadelphia International Unity Cup Champions.
This year’s competition has come a long way since the tournament’s conception in 2016. With five brand new countries rounding out the 52-team roster, the competitiveness reached new levels, and will meet its peak in this final game.
Festivities kick off at 2 p.m., with an array of activities leading up to the final showdown at 6 p.m. Join us for a day of free fun, celebrating soccer and Philadelphia’s diverse immigrant communities.
Saturday, October 12
2:30 p.m.: Youth tournament (ACME field outside of stadium)
4:30 p.m.: All-star game (Field 1)
5 p.m.: Naturalization ceremony
5:30 p.m.: Closing ceremonies
6 p.m.: Championship game (Liberia vs. USA)
The Unity Cup championship game is FREE; however, you will need a ticket to attend. Advanced ticketing has ended, but you can still retrieve A FREE ticket on game day.
Day-of, in-person tickets: Visit the Unity Cup ticketing table outside at Talen Energy Stadium (near our sponsor activities) before entering on game day, between 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., to pick up your tickets.
There are several easy, convenient ways to get to Talen Energy Stadium. Options include:
- Public transportation from Philadelphia: First, take the SEPTA Wilmington/Newark Regional Rail line to the Chester Transportation Center (6th & Welsh Street). Then take any of the following buses from the regional rail station to Talen Energy Stadium:
- Take the 113 bus towards Tri-State Mall, and get off at Seaport Drive.
- Take the 117 bus towards I-95 Industrial Park, and get off at 9th St. and Engle St.
- Take the 119 towards Cheyney University, and get off at Flower St. & 3rd St.
- Note: Bus routes drop off within 3- to 15-minute walking distance of the stadium.
- By car from Philadelphia:
- Take 95 South to Exit 4 – Commodore Barry Bridge/322 East/291.
- Take the exit for Chester Waterfront.
- Free parking will be available in lots B and C.
For more directions and details, visit the Philadelphia Union website.