It’s time to gear up for the 2017 Philadelphia International Unity Cup! Learn how to register a team in this year’s tournament by attending one of the general information sessions listed below.
- Wednesday, February 8, 6 p.m.: Municipal Services Building, Room 1450 (1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, 19102)
- Thursday, February 23, 7 p.m.: Murphy Recreation Center (300 W. Shunk Street, 19148)
- Thursday, March 9, 3 p.m.: Municipal Services Building, Room 1450 (1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, 19102)
- Thursday, March 23, 5:30 p.m.: Carousel House (4300 Avenue of the Republic, 19131)
- Thursday, April 6, 6:30 p.m.: Ramp Playground (3300 Solly Avenue, 19136)
This year’s tournament will take place between September 8, 2017 and November 4, 2017. New this year, there will be no waiting lists for teams and no limit to the number of teams that can register. However, there can only be one team representing each country; for example, there cannot be two United States teams.
The tournament is open to men and women 18 years of age and older with a limit of 25 players per team. Teams are responsible for creating their own rosters and will be asked to register with the City by May 5, 2017. To register, a letter of commitment and a deposit of check or money order in the amount of $100 made payable to the City of Philadelphia must be submitted in person at the Office of Immigrant Affairs (1401 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1430) or Philadelphia Parks & Recreation (1515 Arch Street, 10th floor). Please email PHLUnityCup@phila.gov for more information.